Financial Planning Guide & Calculators About Ask Financially Financial Calculators Login to your account Contact Ask Financially  
Guide to Home & Contents Insurance
Home Insurance

Download the Home and Contents Insurance PDF Guide here - see our other free PDF guides here

Guide Contents

Advice on Contents and Home Insurance Cover
Buildings insurance, what does it cover
Contents insurance, what does it cover

Remember, some Home Insurance Cover companies won't cover you if you live in flood planes.

Shopping around for home contents insurance
Applying for buildings and contents insurance
House insurance FAQ
Home Insurance Information

Advice on Contents & Home Insurance Cover

Insuring your home is one of the wisest decisions that you could make, after all buying a home is often the biggest investments most of us will ever make. There are two main types of insurance you can have for your home.... Buildings Insurance and Contents Insurance.

Insurance What it covers
Building The actual building
Permanent fixtures and fittings: Baths, sinks, fitted kitchens.
Usually the garage and any sheds.
This insurance is to cover the cost of your house should you need to rebuild part or all of it in the event of fire, subsidence, flooding etc.
Contents Personal belongings, T.V, clothes, jewellery, carpets, furniture.
Most companies will want you to specify items over a certain value, usually £1000.
Possible to cover frozen food in event of a power cut.
This insurance is to cover the cost of contents in the event of flooding, lightening, burglary and in some cases you can insure against accidental damage and power cuts.

main menu   next page >>